Experience Project makes the following unaffiliated resources available for those who are facing a crisis, including free 24 hour, 7 day a week hotlines. Help is always available from caring professionals, and is often a quick phone call away. No one on this site should attempt to resolve a crisis - there are trained professionals standing by to provide any help you might need. This website is unable to provide the help you or a loved one may need if in a crisis situation. Please recognize that someone facing a crisis is best served through professional help.
Suicide Prevention Hotlines1-800-273-TALK (8255)
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides immediate assistance to individuals in suicidal crisis by connecting them to the nearest crisis center in their area.
National hotline for those at risk of suicide sponsored by the Kristin Brooks Hope Center, a non-profit organization dedicated to suicide prevention, intervention and healing.
- The Samaritans
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- National Council for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Prevention Action Network
- Stop A Suicide Today
- List of all global helplines
Abuse, Domestic Violence, and Rape
- Childhelp (Child Abuse): 1-800-4ACHILD (USA)
- National Center on Elder Abuse: 1-800-677-1116(USA)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 (USA)
- Women's Aid Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (UK)
- Global directory of abuse hotlines / resources
- Alcohol Abuse and Crisis Intervention: 800-234-0246 (USA)
- National Drug Information Treatment and Referral Hotline: 800-662-4357 (USA)
- National Alcoholism Helpline: 0800 917 8282 (UK)
- USA/Canada: 911
- United Kingdom: 999
- Australia: 000
- Poison Help: 1-800-222-1222 (USA)
Women's Health / Pregnancy / Sexual Health
- Planned Parenthood: 1-800-230-PLAN (USA)
- National Sexually Transmitted Diseases & AIDS Hotline: 1-800-342-2437 (USA)
EP cares deeply about our users, and created this very site as a result of seeing the power of connecting with others who understood our life's challenges best. However, we do not have the means or the resources to intervene in a crisis situation (in fact, we don't collect names, addresses, or phone numbers, so we cannot physically intervene). If your personal safety is threatened, call the police. If you're in a crisis, please call any of the numbers above. We are not affiliated with any of the above organizations, and do not imply endorsement. We are merely providing the links as a service to the community.